Friday, May 9, 2014

Mr. Ivans Buckley's "I Always Feel Like Sombodies Watching..." Post

Today I looked at Ivans' blog "We The People" and I enjoyed the fact that he talked about the Patriot Act, and the lack of freaking privacy Americans have nowadays. It seems to me as though that "America the Free" is turning into the 1950's nightmare of Communist Russia when they were at their peak. I agree with his views on the topic, and I wish that we as citizens of the U.S. would see the Act how it is on paper. I wish we could see what congress(wo)men, the president, and what the Supreme Court WOULD see if this Act came up to legitimate questioning. I wish the politicians would stop brushing the Act under the rug in OUR living room. I mean it's just ridiculous what our government gets away with. 

Everyday people like you and I get criticized, judged, and dealt with (one way or another) when we believe and act like we're above the law. But our nation's leaders? No, they can pay off the public, the media, whoever to keep their mouths shut! Our nation has so much potential to use for improvement, but yet we, the citizens, choose to ignore it because it seems impossible. 

I sincerely believe that we as citizens have the right to all this information, and can change our country for the better with this knowledge. I feel if we try to do something we CAN achieve it. 

On a different note, I think Ivans' post could be improved with links to some more information about the lack of privacy. For example, what privacy levels other countries have, any statistics on our privacy, FBI links to the Patriot Act, Wikipedia links, news reports, etc. Other than that I think he did a great job! 

No comments:

Post a Comment